The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Monday, September 10, 2012

"Luxurious" Choices

I had no choice when I took birth. I didn’t have a choice of my mother-tongue. Nor my mother. Or my father. No one does. But as you grow older, as your brain opens up a bit more, you have the power enough to think and act.

You have the power of choice.

Ironically, you suck at picking it. At times.
You just don’t choose the right things.
You blame the situation.
You blame the people around.
You blame the choices you made.
You blame ‘choices’, the concept.
You start thinking funny. Others find it funny, that is.
You think that there shouldn’t be two paths to everything. You want only one.
So that, you are not in a perplexed state when the situation arrives.

Trust me. 10 winding years down the line, you will think of what you could have chosen, and what you shouldn’t have. Sorry, 10 is a lot. Take 5.

Coming to the point,
“Jab khul gaya mera poora ka poora brains,
Mein jaa atka in this agency called Thoughtrains.”

You know, I had a luxurious choice, too. Not to enter this lavishly-spread Ad Agency in this exclusive complex. A Grand Entrance Lobby impressed me. A state-of-the-art pantry cum resting zone gave me the blissful feeling. Moreover, located at the welcoming environment of Vashi, Navi Mumbai, it is a fantastic place set amidst a serene environment and all the natural beauties. A privileged agency, spearheaded by a richly-dressed Boss.

What more can a writer ask for?
Did you just think that?
EVERYTHING, if you really ask me.
I want everything a bored and a luxurious writer could ask for.
I want clients who don’t have anything luxurious about them. Nothing, I say!
So that, I wouldn’t have to mention “the word” when I write about them.
I’ve started using luxurious even when I’m talking about a football.
“Luxurious jersey, these guys have.”

I want clients who don’t have a grand value that tags along.
A grind from my Boss is fine. But, not “grand”.

I want a Boss roaming around in a chaddi and Mohawk.
Suits, coats, and pointed shoes don’t matter to me. Not my style, dude.

I want the environment inside the office to be welcoming.
The people make it a welcoming environment. Not how the office looks, I think.
Really, I can work in a filthy-looking place (Except for the loo).
A corporate look doesn’t make any sense.
Whoever came up with this word “corporate”.
Please co-operate (See what I did here? Word play. He he).
Delete it from the Oxford Dictionary of my Boss’ mind.

Coming back to the exclusive point, you have a choice. You always do.
Make the right one. Need not be so luxurious, after all.
And please, lavishly SAVE ME!
Add a few words to my life.


Now, let me luxuriously fuck off!

No comments:

Post a Comment