The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Letter - Dear Mechanic

Dear Mechanic,

I have problems. I don’t know if you’ve ever received a letter regarding a problem. In any case, there’s always a first for everything. I know, I have never written to you before, but I really need your advice now.

I have suspected, for some time now, that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. This has happened roughly 1 year after we both moved in together. Please don’t judge her.

I keep getting these weird-ass signals every once in a while.

Signal # 1. The phone rings. I look around. She’s not to be seen. I answer the call. Just to hear the receiver being banged on my face. The phone calls keep coming in like water gushes out when a dam is opened up. I ask my girlfriend to pick up the call. She does. Someone talks at the other end. And… It hurts.

Signal # 2. She works in an advertising firm. Working late nights are usual. Late night parties, too. She says, she has a lot of girlfriends who are single and ready to freak out ‘almost’ every weekend. Please note: Almost every weekend. And please note this too: GIRLfriends. Somehow, I tend to believe her. At times. Not now. Not when I’m writing in to you.

Are you with me, yet? Hope you haven’t lost track.

I ask her if it’s really necessary to go out every weekend and spend all the money earned. She says, she wants to live her life euphorically, by enjoying every single day. And, I should be happy that she’s only spending (please read: enjoying) over the weekends.

Don’t know... She feels that a guy who works from home as a software developer would not know about enjoying? Chuck! Don’t judge me!

Signal # 3. She has a 5-day working structure. Early in the morning, on Saturdays, she gets a call. She turns around and says that she’s been called to work. Which bloody firm does this to their employees? Isn’t it weird? I’ve never understood advertising. I never will. Will you? The Saturday episode repeats on Sundays, too. But sometimes. Saturdays are more frequent.

I think, deep down, I just did not want to know the truth. I was scared to think. But now, after all these signals and a few more, I decided to spy on her. One of the Saturdays, I stayed awake and waited for her to come back. I hid behind my car, my Volkswagen Polo. I saw a grey jeep being parked right outside my building. When she got out of the jeep, she was buttoning up her top. I saw that. After stepping out, she leaned back into the jeep, and did something. I presume, she must have kissed her “girlfriend” goodnight, if you know what I mean.

At that exact moment, I noticed something. Crouching behind my car, I observed the punctured rear wheel. You know, there’s some problem with it. It’s always punctured. Somehow or the other.

Is this something that you can fix or should I write in to my car company?

Get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks
A Car Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment