Hey baby,
I thought I should write this ‘post break up letter’ to you. For some reason. And for all I know, you might not even check it. If you do... I don’t know what. Maybe, you should just read on.
Most of the problems in life are because of two reasons:
1. We act without thinking.
2. We keep thinking without acting.
My idea is not to confuse you here. Don’t know how it connects to you in my head, when I read it! To say the least, everyone goes through the same. Not just me, EVERYONE. And his neighbour, too. (Wink)
Now, can I ask for a small favour from you? Assuming that you nodded your head, I would request you to go on with the following steps:
• Close your eyes. (Are you wondering how would you read then? Hold on, I have a solution for that)
• Open your left eye now. (Aye... close both your eyes and then open your left eye)
• Put your hand on the right eye, if trying it does not help.
• Okay... I have to say “sorry” now. This was just to trouble you.
Did a smile burst through your lips or, did you think that this guy is crazy, like all the other times? As a matter of fact, the way you perceive me now pretty much sums up the story of our lives – US and our story.
Getting back to where this started, I have always believed that we are the writers of our own life / love story – We make it. We break it. Okay now, stop. Try replacing the WE with ME. I know... I know... I know it doesn’t sound right, grammatically... and all that jazz (I just loved it when you said that)! But I think, why would you want to look at the grammar here, and not the idea behind it? You know, there are some people who never let it be that way. A good example could be the one who wrote this to you!
I have made it to be that way. I have been depressed because of that. I have suffered because of that. And still I do it. I have never looked at ME. I do, only at times. And only with people who don’t really matter to me. Actually, I behave like the original ME even with them. CHUCK! The way I am, my mind always looked at WE. Be it my friends, be it my girlfriends or be it my office colleagues. And every time I experience some soreness because of the pattern in which I think, only one question crosses my mind. “WHY DID I?”. The answer usually is not too hard to find. But, we make it tough for ourselves. And, the quest for the answer begins. We rack our brains. We throw objects everywhere. We drink too much, without noticing that we have been drinking too much. We smile too often. But fake ones. We laugh too much. But forced ones.
You – An eminent part of US – had struck Gold with me. And fortunately for me, I had struck Rhodium. Life went on. I went on. You stopped. Not a strange story. We see this in Hindi films. Almost all of them.
I never regretted a thing about US. There was nothing too much in it to regret, though. Apart from the fact that – WE BROKE UP. The final one. I regret that part of US, which makes it not so US.
The irony behind US, me and my principles were I broke all of it to land in a place where I did not want to be. I thought of ME. Despite the fact that I said I always think about WE, I never did. I only thought that I did. I analyse a situation so much that the situation wears off, but my thoughts do not. I realise it now – I broke my principles.
It wasn’t your fault. It was mine for not believing in my own rationales. I betrayed myself. Okay... did you smile now, or did you cry? Smile or cry... it was your fault, too. Not entirely, although. It was the fault of US. Not that US didn’t deserve to be together. US didn’t deserve permanence, just like any other product that comes with an expiry date. Anyhow, you never trusted in US. Trust – A power that is so much stronger than the power of love, the one thing that held us on for so long. For however long US was together.
Don’t know why have I invested so much time behind writing this. Not that I am expecting anything out of this. Like most of the other times, there is no point behind it. But, there should be something in it to take away. Try and take that. Live on. Rock on!
By the way, I’ve learned the best way to prevent my heart from getting broken. I just act like I don’t have one. (Wink)
I love you. And will love you, till I do!
Take care.

No comments:
Post a Comment