The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Where's tomorrow?


I’ve been asked before, and before before, what am I doing to get ‘future ready’? My answer, usually, is the same; “I’m trying to look ahead”. What I’m expected to think is, ‘Future ready begins today’. I feel, I think the same. But, today just passes by.

It’s the most puzzling thing I’ve ever had to do. Because, not just me, we humans are not configured to do that. We learn from our pasts. At least, I have learned in that fashion.



The past always forms a blueprint. And, my forecasts are often based on what I see when I look back. I examine it and then walk the relevant path. I stand where I stand today because of my past.


If you gaze into your past, you will find relevance (maybe a little) to the subject at hand. And perhaps, answers to a few questions – ‘Why are you sad today?’, ‘What’s the reason behind your happiness?’, ‘Why did your wife choose to be a lesbian or your husband, gay?’, ‘Why are you wherever you are?’ or ‘Why are you even here?’. This entirely depends on your perceptions about your past. Of course, you would see it from your own slant or the one that has been handed to you and has been accepted.

The past might have taught you to answer questions that aren’t wrong, but they aren’t the right ones either.

No comments:

Post a Comment