Character 1
Running through the forest, my heart beating hard against my chest, the only thing that I can hear. And the branches of the trees stretching low and scratching my face, although the pain felt miniscule compared to the fear in my mind as I ran faster than I had ever ran before. I knew that it was following, and right now, the only thing that my body wanted to do was run.
Character 2
Thoughts kept clouding my head as I effortlessly glided towards my victim. I wondered why he was running so hard and so fast trying to escape. The moon shone through the trees and faintly lighted up the rough path that my victim had chosen to take. The arms of the trees bent out of my way as I moved through the ancient forest, where trees stood that seemed to be older than me. Their roots ran deep into the ground, and would be hard to expose, even for an immortal such as myself. But my attention was pulled back to my victim. He was slowing and becoming more and more frightened as the pursuit continued deeper into the forest.
Character 1
My mind was so focused on simply running, and getting away, I had not noticed the large wound on my leg that was bleeding furiously, and flowing down onto the ground leaving a trail of blood.
Character 2
I thought of it as a game. A game of survival. I knew that my victim would think of it as murder. But, why should it be any different for me? I do not hold any sort of grudge against this man. Nor would I feel the urge to kill him if it were for any unsystematic reason.
Character 1
I could feel it advancing behind me. I could hear certain noises that I could not hear before… I suddenly felt as though I could fight, with the hope of succeeding. This urge to turn around grew stronger as I did not stop myself from slowing to an almost halt. My feet slowed.
Character 2
A strange sensation arose in me as I sensed the prey slowing… I could smell small amounts of confidence growing somewhere inside him as if he was a worthy opponent for me to engage battle with.
Character 1
I slowly turned and stared at the ground, my mind filling with rage. I felt so much of nothing but anger, it was overwhelming and I almost lost balance. I stared into the dark opening of trees where I could hear it approaching.
Character 2
I started to move slower. I took time to study his details. He had scratches on his face from where the trees had sliced into his skin. He was hurt. Moreover, I could still see the fear in his eyes and then I knew that the courage I thought; I smelt was a failed attempt for him to reassure himself of safety.
Character 1
The closer it moved towards me, the colder and darker the forest seemed to became. I looked up at it… and I knew that I would lose. Lose my fight. Lose my life. Lose my soul.
Character 2
I advanced on him, slower and slower. Taking my time and making him linger on my every movement, my every step, my every breath. I could see the veins in his neck, pulsating harder each time his heart beat. I will have him. In a sense, I already do. He is powerless against me.
Character 1
Now I could feel the cool night air on my neck. Making slow but sure movements, and I let no emotion show on my pale, pure white dead face.
Character 2
I thrive on this feeling of power and control. Now, I was in an arms length of my victim. “Good Evening”, I said in a calm and collected voice.
”You too shall be my victim. I have spent time selfishly taking lives, making so many suffer without any remorse. I am looked upon in an evil manner. I have no choice. I am what I am against my own will. Forever I shall hear the screams of my victims echo in my mind. But I shall continue until your heart stops and finally I have dealt with death. I will be in eternal darkness. It is where I belong.”
Character 1
As he walked closer and closer to me, I felt suddenly so cold and alone to the point where I wanted to let out a final scream. Just one more grasp towards being a human being. I would have screamed, yelled and howled; if it weren’t for the paralysing agony I was feeling as it lifted me up by the throat and held me close to his face, so that I could see his dark, cold, empty eyes.
Character 2
I felt his heart beat against mine. As his heart started to slow, I had the instinctive urge to let go. A sinking feeling followed as his heart finally stopped. I dropped the corpse to the ground and staggered into the darkness.
Sitting below a large tree, I shed a tear. A tear for no one else, but for me. I hated myself. I mean, I always did. I decided to kill myself.
I fumbled around in search for something to offer me stability. I found nothing. I crawled on the ground until I hit something hard which stopped me from moving any further. I looked up and made out the shape of a gravestone. A gravestone with my name inscribed into it.
Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment