The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When my Boss felt I'm crazy...

These days, working late in advertising is more of a customary ritual. The worst part - You can't just run away from it. Below-written is a mail that I had sent my Boss a while back. In one of those late nighters. And yes, I had sent it.
_______________

Hi Boss (with the twisting hand actions),

Please find attached all the (fantastic) creatives – (Khatarnaak) Print + (Mind-blowing) Films. And the (marvellous) product window, too. Note that we haven’t put in the (awesome) copy in the (exceedingly excellent) print ads / posters. Just sending them across for your (kind) perusal.

And now I’m just writing this because I’m absolutely bored.
And also I am waiting for the Law & Kenneth clock to strike 12.
Vouchers. No other reason. Can’t be any other. And I’m sure you figured that out.
There’s no one left at work. The security guys are not here too.
That kinda reminds me that I didn’t even have to wait for so long.
As a matter of fact, no one ever has to.
SHOW-SHA, BLAAADY! (It’s a slang for show-shining)
How I hate this feigned show-sha industry.
And I plainly hate show-sha, as an idea too.
Nevertheless, I have become one of the many affected.

I’m sorry if you got bored. This mail is crap.
Don’t throw me out because I wrote this.
I can’t stop you from throwing me.
So, throw me. But please do that when we are actually on the outside.
That’ll simply land me on the inside.

Too much inside-outside-crap.
It sounds like sex now. And I don't want to talk about it with you.
It'd be weird.

Thanks (a lot)
(From the best ever employee that you got) Hari

p.s. “From the best ever employee that you got” is a joke. That is, if you didn’t get it.
_______________

To my surprise, he came to work the next day all smiles blazing. Told me - "Hari, you should write more stuff like this." Modestly (on the outside) and excitedly (on the inside), I replied saying, "I surely will. Thanks."

1 comment: