The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Idea No. N

We friends plan.
Marketing plans.
Business plans.
Money-mending plans.
Following-our-hobby plans.
'N' number of plans. (That's why the title of this post)
Plan, we just.

Out of the numerous ideas (half-baked most of them), below-mentioned was just the beginning of one. A magazine. I've put down two versions of it. The so-called editors-in-chief of the magazine had written their introductory paragraphs. Me and My friend. Supposedly, it was going to be printed on page 1 and 2 of the magazine. An idea that never got executed. 




________________________

My Intro: 

We were sitting at our regular stamping ground, Ramgad Snacks. Fondly called as ‘Raaka’, after the name of the owner – Rakesh. We ordered for a chai. 1 by 2. We were thinking. And it clicked. If you really are looking for a brief explanation, it goes something like this.
My friend lights a cigarette. Sips on his chai.
My friend: How about a starting a magazine, Hari?
Me: Magazine? Writing? Photographs? Sexy idea, man. When do we start?
My friend: ‘Now’ looks good to me.
This happened almost 7 months back. And now, here we are with our First Edition of We-haven’t-named-it.

We are somewhat settled in life. Making decent enough salaries to suffice our drinking and smoking needs. My friend has other needs as well. No, we don’t do anything much apart from smoking, drinking, football, girlfriend and friend’s circle. Girlfriend expenditures, of course, eat up a good amount of our monthly salaries. I don’t have a girlfriend, though. At least while I’m putting this down here. Anyhow, I’ve noticed this one small thing about our small bunch of friends. Especially, my compatriot. He talks, like anyone else in the world. But does nothing about his talks. Talks turn to ball talks, and he doesn’t even realise. Honestly, me and my ally never thought this would have worked out. At least I didn’t. In all probability, this might even shut down after this edition.

My friend has always been the idea man. Quite random, though. His theory of “One idea away from being a millionaire” always has been an inspiration to me. This magazine won’t make us a millionaire. Unquestionably, it won’t. Not that we are thinking about money here, anyway. We are doing this out of passion. Passion to do something that we can look up to. Tell ourselves that WE HAVE DONE SOMETHING. Passion to try and entertain people through this magazine. Frankly speaking, this is a magazine driven more by excitement than thinking of it as a massive financial investment. We are not thinking of turning our passion into profits. And but of course, we haven’t spent more than our Debit Card limit to do something extraordinary. Check the print if you want to. (Wink)

With the READ ON mantra I would kindly request you to enter the pages of our magazine.

Thanks reader

Editor
Hari

My Friend's Intro:

So you are reading this. Which means, you bought the magazine. Which means, we most probably forced you to buy it. We hope you feel it’s your money’s worth, but we are not making any promises. But yes, we do want to tell you have we put you in this situation.

The magazine is the brainchild of me and my friend. And, he will state his own reasons for doing this. I state mine here. I have a comfortable job which pays enough to pay for my smokes, drinks, parties and other not so important things that happen in my life. I don’t have any girlfriend expenses, as she loves spending on me and no matter how much I try, I won’t be able to keep up with her. But most of the things I do are not things I want to do. These are things I have to do. The only things I really want to do is, play football, music, party and spend time with my loved ones.

There is small part of me, which is always screaming out to me, saying, “We can do sooo much more in life”. I guess, that’s why I keep coming up with ideas. Not to make my life more interesting, but to make sense out of it. I know I should feel fortunate that I have a job. But I did not choose this job. It wasn’t my dream to work here in this corporate office, in formal clothes and uncomfortable shoes.

I know I can add, subtract, multiply and divide. But it was not my life's dream to invest in things, calculate EMIs on my next loan, plan and file my taxes, worry about recession and cost cutting. I would much rather I have come up with several ideas in the past. Like my friend says, talks turn to ball talks. Nothing ever really happens. For some reason, we both feel, starting a magazine is a really good idea. Time will say if we are right or not.

We are definitely not doing this for money. We are doing this, because we can. If this magazine sells a hundred copies, we would be proud of ourselves. If a second edition comes out, we would call it a GRAND SUCESS. If even half of our readers, come back to us, then I think we'll throw a party (where everyone pays for their own booze).

My very organized friend keeps asking me, what is the theme of your magazine, what’s the structure, what are the future plans? My answer is we don’t have a theme or a structure, and we definitely don’t have future plans. All we have is ink, paper and imagination, and as long as we have these, I don’t think we need to stop.

Thanks

Editor
His Name
________________________

Quite a disappointing end to the idea. Because, I felt it was exactly the start that I was looking for. Nevertheless, went down the gutter.

p.s. Not giving up hope. Soch jaari hai.


No comments:

Post a Comment