The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Civil Wars - Birds of a feather (Cover)

We both had this planned for almost 23 years. Correct me if I'm wrong. Me and Anusha, that is. The deeply-anticipated, heavily-significant (for some reason), and some-other-very-heavy-adjective event finally happened. At my place. We jammed. Sorry, WE JAMMED! Oh wait, WE JAMMED!

It wouldn't have happened. I'm quite sure. Ask me about it. I've kept it in the hanging for all the 23 years. Despite Anusha's constant badgering. I would like to thank my illness that really took me away from my busy work life (read: the wasted life) for only a few days. And a few other things that I wouldn't have wanted to stray away from. Staying up late in the night, daru, to name a few. Aaarrgggh! Nevertheless, music it is that got us together after a very long time. We did have a long-winding, mind-numbing, finger-bleeding recording session. 'Mind-numbing' was for me. Because of the harmonies that she made me sing. How I hate harmonies now! 'Finger-bleeding' was for Anusha. Because, she was playing the guitar. Throughout the day. What, my fingers? Hey listen, fingers bleed only when you're playing the guitar for hours continuously, or while you're cutting onions with a very sharp knife without looking. You can't sing all day and make your fingers bleed, can you? If you can, you better get in touch with Mr. Ripley. Do they still run that programme? Or, has the world run out of 'unbelieavble' things to showcase? In any case, my fingers were busy digging my nose and scratching bum / hair when she wasn't looking.

'Long-winding' was for the session. But I surely cannot end this without mentioning - Awesomefunexperiencewithagirlwhosingsandplaystheguirtarsowell. Well, it's just another way to describe the jam.

Here goes: The Civil Wars - Birds of a feather (Cover)




p.s. I'm usually not so busy. I just intended to show-off a little. My field of work is such. Advertising (Read: YoYoHoneySing. In other words, shyte!)
p.p.s. Awesomefunexperiencewithagirlwhosingsandplaystheguirtarsowell is a word. Check any dictionary. If it's not there, it's just not there. Don't blame me. Anyhow, the meaning of the word is hidden inside the word. It is. Try dissecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment