The world was busy. Killing. Loving. Fighting. Kissing. Missing. Adding. Laughing. Balancing. Saving. Caring. Singing. Sharing. Befriending. Falling. Enjoying. Lazing. Jumping. Appreciating. Requesting. Hating. Contributing. Daring. Looting. Pooping. Puking. Subtracting. Gazing. Buying. Punishing. Drying. Dancing. Drinking. Looking. Calling. Pressing. Helping. Designing. Searching. Kicking. Crying. Playing. Working.

I was thinking. Writing.

Friday, April 30, 2010

You stick to the phone, the phone sticks to you!

Last Sunday, I got up to a beautiful sight, my mom. The irony – She made a grumpy face. She started yelling at me, “You are 27, not earning too well to keep us happy, having strange patterns of living with strange habits, and… SLEEPING SO LATE! It’s 11:30, get up now.” They’ve always been habitual to lying, especially, when it comes to waking me up. The time actually was just 10. I had opened my eyes by then.

I had a look at my phone. It showed 6 missed calls and 2 messages.

My mom grabbed the phone from my hand and asked me to go and brush my teeth. Poor female… always wants to finish off the morning routines and start off with the afternoon. Evening and the night followed.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I usually use my favourite Turkish towel to wipe my face. My mom, “Wipe that thing on your ear.” With absolute lack of energy, sluggishly, I wiped my left ear. With fuzzy eyes, I could see my mom signalling to wash it cleanly.

“Mamma, make a cup of coffee na!” I said. “So lazy. So improper. You are so twisted. It is such a simple thing… Wiping your face cleanly. Don’t you know how to do that? You are 27 now.” I had to retaliate. I didn’t want to. But, I did.

“Mamma yaar. What is your problem in life? I just got up. And, what’s it got to do with my age. You sleep more than me. Count the hours, if you want to. Night to morning, afternoon to evening, sleeping while watching TV shows, etc.” Mom, “Addi vanga porai. Sariya saaf pannu.” (You’ll get beatings now. Clean it properly.).

I wiped my eyes super clean and looked at the mirror. It was still there, the logo of my Samsung phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment